Tuesday, July 31, 2012

144 - Stay Out of Trouble


“According to police reports, the name of the shooter in last evening’s incident at Angelina’s Ristorante is Anthony Michael Bongiovi, brother of rock star Jon Bon Jovi.   It is still unclear at this time what the nature of the altercation was, or how Anthony came to be in possession of a weapon at the time.  The name of the victim still has not been released.”

“Fucking tremendous,” Tony muttered.  “They’re making me sound like a gang-banger going around and popping a cap in somebody’s ass for fun.”

“You know better than to listen to that,” was Dorothea’s bland statement from the sink.  Tony was finishing his coffee, and she was loading the dishwasher.  The kids had inhaled breakfast and gone about their lives in the various corners of the house.

“No, actually, I don’t.”  Shoving back from the table, he took his empty mug to the sink and rinsed it out.  “I’m not the one who lives in the media’s fish tank, that’s my brother.  Are you getting us confused?”

Eyebrows flew into her brow with shock before slamming down over angry eyes, and she very slowly and very deliberately pivoted to face him.  Droplets of water from her wet hands spattered across his shirt when she slung them at him.  “What did you just say to me?”

Smooth move, Einstein. Of all people, she doesn’t deserve your frustration.

“That’s not the way I meant it.” 

She snatched her hand away before he could grab hold of it.  “I get that this is stressful, but you’ve been around this long enough to know how it plays.  Don’t start taking jabs at me.  I know exactly which Bongiovi was in my bed last night.”

And he had been.  All night.  Just after four this morning, when he tried to sneak away  to the guest room, she’d sleepily asked him to stay.

“What about the kids?”

“I’m not an abusive crack whore,” she informed him muzzily.  “I’m doing my part to be a responsible mother.   If sleeping with my fiancé scars them beyond repair, Jon can pay for therapy.”

He had burrowed back into the bed and pulled her close, chuckling into her hair.  “Sounds like a plan, Babes.”

Tony’s phone pealed from where it lay on the table before Dorothea could lay into him any further, or before he got the chance to crawl out of the hole he had so effortlessly dug.  It was Jon’s ring.  No doubt something about the flurry of news blurbs.

“It’s Jonny,” he said apologetically, snagging the phone and then leaning back to capture her wrist.  “Don’t go anywhere yet.  Please.”

Hair swinging with the indifferent shake of her head , she extracted her hand and went back to loading the dishwasher. 

“Yeah, bro?” Tony sighed into the phone.

“Sounds like you’ve been watching the news.”

“Yeah.”

“Fun times,” was Jon’s sarcastic reply.  “Calling for two things… Well, three.  One, the wedding has been moved back a day.  We’re getting married tomorrow afternoon instead, so tell Dottie there won’t be caterers invading the house today.”

“Okay.”

“Two, Petey wants to go ahead with the bachelor and bachelorette parties if you guys are cool with it.”

Tony glanced warily at Dorothea.  “Yeah, I’m cool.  I’ll check with Dorothea and see if she still wants to do the bachelorette thing though.”

Her response was to arch one disdainful eyebrow.  She would be more receptive once he’d smoothed things over.

“And three,” his brother went on, completely unaware of the tiff he was interrupting.  “Petey and I have talked about it.  We’re going to make a statement to the press this afternoon.  Neither one of us has any desire to watch this shit leak out one bit at a time while everybody builds it into some big organized crime thing.”

“Amen to that.”

“So, since you’re in the thick of it and they’re throwing your name around, if you wanna be there...”

“Are you going to answer a bunch of questions after?”

“Hell, no.”  His brother declared adamantly.  “A prepared statement and that’s it.”

“I have to think about that, but tell me where and when just in case.”

After providing the information, Jon went on to ask, “Can you and Rich work out the bachelor party details and let me know?  Petey and I have about another dozen calls to make.”

“Yeah, sure.  I’ll give him a call.”

“Thanks, Tone.  For everything.” 

Petey piped in from the background, “I know this is sudden, but I love you, Tony!”

Tony grinned.  Who would think the little Mistress of the Dark would have fully wormed her way into their fold in such a short time?  This was what it was all about.  Screw the press.  They could say whatever they wanted as long as all the assorted family members were safe.  “Yeah, I love you, too.”  What the hell?  “Both of you.”

Jon’s, “Yeah,” was gruff.  “See you later, man.”

“Later.”  He’d barely depressed the right spot on the screen before he tossed the phone aside and sidled up to Dorothea, who had moved on to wiping the countertops.  Curling an arm around her waist, he hauled in her in close and bent to nose in her hair. “Babes, I’m sorry for being a dick.”

“You should be.  Now kiss me and we’ll call it done,” she haughtily demanded, offering her pursed lips.  When he obliged, she smiled with satisfaction.  “What did Jon want?”

“Bachelor and bachelorette party stuff.  That, and he and Petey are doing a press statement this afternoon and asked if I wanted to be there.”

“Are you going to?”

Did he let big Brother handle it all, or did he make his face present?  He was really a background guy, and preferred to keep it that way.  “I don’t really want to, but I don’t want anybody thinking I’m ashamed of what I did.  What do you think?” 

She went back to wiping the island, not looking at him.  “That’s your decision to make.”

“But I’m asking your opinion.”

“Okay,” she said slowly, folding the dishcloth and hanging it over the sink.  “My opinion is that you should go.”

“And…?”

“And nothing.  Jon’s name is the one drawing attention to this, but you and Petey are the ones who are facing legal repercussions.  Even if you don’t say anything, it’s just like you said, you did nothing to be ashamed of.  People should know that you’re not.”

“Okay.  Will you go with me?”  He fully expected her to say no.  Without a doubt.  But he wanted to make sure she knew he wanted her at his side.

She pushed a hand through her hair, sighing.  “I don’t think that’s a good idea.  It will just start a whole other tangent for them to feed on.  Idiots will probably have me in a three-way with Petey and Jon rather than engaged to you.”

“Okay,” he repeated, closing in to brush her mouth with a light kiss.  Tony tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear with the rest of its friends.  There was no need to belabor the point.  “Just letting you know you were wanted.  Speaking of which, Petey wants to go ahead with the Last Night of Freedom parties.  Are you still in for the bachelorette gig?”

Her hesitation was easily read.  She didn’t want to, but she was going to anyway.  Tony knew she would, because it was the right thing to do. 

“Sure.”

“There’s nobody like you in the world, Dorothea.”  Another quick kiss and he slid away, telling her, “I need to call Rich about the guys’ party.”


☠ ☢

“Yeah?” Richie’s voice cracked and he cleared his throat.  It had been a long-ass night.  By the grace of God, he’d stayed away from the honor bar, but a long night with nothing but his guitar and his thoughts had given him a pity-hangover.

“Get your lazy ass up,” Tony chortled in his ear.  “You’re not on the left coast today, California boy.”

“Fuck you, little brother.”  His eyes were gritty and he dug at them, trying to get what felt like sand out of them.  “What the hell do you want?”

“Jon hasn’t called you?”

He might have.  Richie could be a heavy sleeper sometimes.  “I dunno.  I just woke up.  Maybe.”

“Well, the wedding’s not ‘til tomorrow and Petey says the traditional night-before parties are still on.  You and I are supposed to figure out the details for the guys.”

Details. 

“Yeah.  Okay.  Still wanna do the Lanes?”  The carpet tickled his bare feet as he slowly worked out the kinks and moved around the bedroom.  He flicked his laptop to life to see if there were any urgent emails.  Nothing from Denny.

“Unless you’ve got something better.” 

A traditional bachelor party with a stripper was sounding a whole lot better than a family bowling trip to the Lanes in Richie’s mind.  He needed to get laid. 

“I’ll have…”  He’d almost volunteered Denny to make the arrangements, but thought better of it, and mentally recruited Jon’s PA instead.  “…Monique make a coupla calls and see what she can set up.  You take Obie, Southside & Matty.  I got Dave and Teek.”

“You take Southside, I’ll get Petey’s brother.”

Richie had forgotten about him.  And the Senator.  Between the Senator and Jon’s kids, his opportunity to troll for a little feminine company was effectively nixed, and that sucked ass.  He could use the diversion of blowing off a little steam.  For once, he wished he had a regular east coast hook up.  Somebody tall, blonde and leggy.  Somebody like…

“Sure, sure.  No problem.”  He cleared his throat and took a shot.  “Hey Tony, don’t you have some Amazon blonde on your crew?  I think I met her at the Christmas thing.  Cindy?  Candy?”

“Candace,” Jon’s brother supplied hesitantly.  “Why?”

Act like it’s no big deal.

“Think she’d wanna go to a wedding with me?”

“What the..? No.  Nuh-uh.”  Tony’s voice went hard.  “What the hell happened to Denny that you need to make a move on Candace?  I thought she was coming to the wedding?”

Not going there.

“Denny’s in California living her own single life.  As my assistant.” Richie’s voice had its own edge. 

Soft cursing came over the line.  “And you can’t find somebody else to hook up with besides my crew?”

“You know what, never mind.  Forget I asked.  I’ll let you know about the plans as soon as Monique calls me back.  Later, man.”

“Hold up a damn minute,” Tony swore with a gusty sigh.  “Yes.  I’m pretty sure Candace would give her right arm to go to a wedding with you.  You want I should give her your number?”

“Why not just give me hers?”  He knew it was a shot in the dark, but it would give him more time to consider the wisdom of what he was doing.  Sex could be good with anybody.  He’d made it good with anybody.  But would this chick turn into a clinging vine afteward?

“No, motherfucker.  We went through this with Petey.  I can pass along your number if ya want, but that’s it.”

Could this woman give him anything he couldn’t get at his own hand?  Was she worth the hassle? 

Probably not, but she’ll keep my mouth and hands out of the honor bar.

“Yeah, pass it along.  Thanks, Tony.”



Next post: Thursday, August 2nd





36 comments:

  1. Oh no, Richie. I think thats not a good idea. I have a sneaking suspicion that Denny is on her way east already, after he heard in the news what happened. I guess she putted 1+1 together with Richies call earlier. And I think, Candance will cause some problems later than (in a sequel story maybe??)

    And good decision of Tony to go to the press thing with Jon and Petey. and it's good, too that Dot is staying away from this. They can place that bomb a bit later ;)

    and last question, when can we expect the next chapter, are you back to daily postings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're greedy! LOL
      but I agree ;-)

      Delete
    2. I agree, Rike, bad idea - I too have a feeling that Denny is going to make a surprise appearance after what happened. Even if she doesn't show up now though, I think Candace is a bad idea, Rich - definitely could cause problems in a sequel.

      "Jon’s, “Yeah,” was gruff. “See you later, man.”"

      LOL, come on, Jon, if Tony can say it, I bet you can too.

      “I’m not the one who lives in the media’s fish tank, that’s my brother. Are you getting us confused?”

      Ouch! Tony, there's NO ONE worse that you could have said THAT to, hope you realize that!

      Delete
  2. Richie...Richie...Richie...Don't go there. I agree with Rike about Denny. I'd be on my way if I were her.

    As far as Candace...
    "He’d made it good with anybody. But would this chick turn into a clinging vine afterward?"

    More than likely since Jon had this to say about her earlier...


    "Jon dipped his head toward the woman fitting that description that had been circling him like a vulture since arriving with Petey. “That one looks more his speed.”


    “Who’s she?”


    “Another of Tony's." He grimaced lightly. "Or so she said when she backed my ass into a corner and introduced herself. Damn woman has more hands than an octopus, but not as many manners."

    Clinging vine--octopus--what's the difference?

    I wonder what Petey will have to say about Richie bring Candace and not Denny.

    I hope Tony will contact Denny or "forget" to pass along the number before Denny can make an appearance.

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh maaannn.... Richie bad move babe. Really bad move. Oh I can see the writing on the wall (or what I THINK may happen next) and welll don't like what I see. Rike may have an idea.....

    Dottie is a real strong woman. I like that she is going to the party and with out too much trouble worked out her problem with Tony...

    The joint statement. - Great idea! Ons stop shopping and no comments....

    Will be interested to see how the press conference goes and what kind of trouble Richie is going to get himself into... A fan who works for Jon's brother.... that smells of disaster all over....

    Thanks girl... Love the chapter....

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony, don't give Candice Richie's number PLEASE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “I’m not the one who lives in the media’s fish tank, that’s my brother. Are you getting us confused?”~~

    Oh No You Didn't!?!? Tony, Tony luckily for you, Dorothea forgave you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just because Tony gives Candice, Richie's number doesn't mean, she will call Richie. Maybe Richie is not he type?

    Who am I kidding!! NOOOOOOOO!!! bad move. What about Denny ends up coming and then see Richie with Candice?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Chapter! Good idea for Tony to be involved in the press conference. Can't wait to see that.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please continue the friendship between Tony and Petey!

    Petey piped in from the background, “I know this is sudden, but I love you, Tony!”

    That was so SWEET! I enjoy their conversations together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second this. Their friendship is one of the best parts of this story. I remember from the beginning when they worked together and how it was Tony who sent Petey to Jon's house. He is the one who introduced them together! They are great as friends.

      Delete
    2. The friendship between the two should be exploded even more. I think, very nice how they are together.

      Delete
  9. “Yeah, I love you, too.” What the hell? “Both of you.”

    Jon’s, “Yeah,” was gruff. “See you later, man.”

    You can do it Jon, I know you can! Tell your brother you love him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like Tony is getting frustrated too with the whole situation. Saying things that he doesn't mean, not only Petey. It's only natural.

    Yes, Tony you were being a dick - Ashley02

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no... I have a feeling Denny will show up at the wedding. I actually hope Tony DOES give Candace his number and goes with Richie to the wedding! If Denny does show up [like im hoping she will ;)] maybe her seeing Candace and Richie together will do her some good and open up those doors that shes got her feelings for him closed behind! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can she do that? Just show up at the wedding without being invited? I understand techinically she was because both Petey and Tony told Richie to bring her to the wedding but now security will be tight. She can't just show up unannounced.

      Delete
    2. Of course she can! Its a fan fic story. Anything can happen ;)

      Delete
    3. As Kelli said, anything can happen, but I don't think the invitation went away just because she has said no...

      And, I hope you're right....maybe seeing him with Candace will do some good, but I'm not gonna hold my breath!

      Delete
    4. I like your thinking Kelli@kFrench2! Anything can happen.

      After that one kiss, Denny has been acting funny towards Richie. Even the last time when he called. So maybe seeing him with the Amazon Blonde (Richie's Words) could be the trick she needs.

      Delete
  12. Bon Jovi fans are certifiably nuts!!!! I mean that in a positive way! Who else's fans are so crazy about them that they become fans of there family members and friend too? I think it's great, so I'm nuts too!!!! When is the next post coming? I can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tony should tell Dorothea or Petey about what Richie asked and they will put a stop too it. I don't think they will want Richie going out with Candace.

    It's nice that Tony was able to stay the whole time with Dorothea in her room, I think the kids have pretty much picked up, that he is with their Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Dorothea, she will have some a few words to say about this! such as no way! but I think she is so used to him by now. She has been through everything with Richie.

      Delete
  14. Love me some Tony right about now. I'll even cut him some slack on the have you got us mixed up comment! I think it's just everything has gotten to him. Dorothea is one lucky lady!

    Call Candace Tony and lets see what happens between her and Richie. This should be good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jon tell your brother that you love him, it won't kill you! so typical ~~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know who I am more upset with. Tony for his comment or Richie for wanting to call Candace? At least Tony said sorry for his comment and it didn't come across as he meant it but Richie? WTF??

    ReplyDelete
  17. “It’s Jonny,” he said apologetically, snagging the phone and then leaning back to capture her wrist. “Don’t go anywhere yet. Please.” --

    Like how he grabs her wrist and asks her to stay. He is so sweet to her, she got lucky.

    Also calling Jon, Jonny is nice -- LL71

    ReplyDelete
  18. “Sure, sure. No problem.” He cleared his throat and took a shot. “Hey Tony, don’t you have some Amazon blonde on your crew?

    Amazon Blonde!! Classic! don't even think about it Richie, very bad move or Tony give the number and lets see what happens.

    “I’m not an abusive crack whore,” she informed him muzzily. “I’m doing my part to be a responsible mother. If sleeping with my fiancé scars them beyond repair, Jon can pay for therapy.”

    I have a feeling the kids might already know that he has been staying in her room, at least the older ones.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I mis-read and I thought Richie was telling Tony why he doesn't go out with Candace????!! Had to re-read the paragraph again. Phew!! - BELINDA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! No way would Richie even offer that! He was the one who went with Tony to look for engagement rings for Dorothea. Was even at the house that night that Tony proposed!

      While I am on the subject, RICHIE NO!!!!!! Now she will make you turn to drink. Can't wait for this wedding.

      Anthony, I will forgive you now for your little slip up and just put it down to the heat of moment situation and seeing the news report! You are lucky that Dorothea forgave you quick.

      Delete
    2. Tony and Candace? Not a chance. The man is gone, so in love, don't think anyone else even gets a look in.

      Delete
    3. For some strange reason, that was what I was thinking too. When Richie asked Tony about Candace, I thought he was asking Candace for Tony, not for himself. I knew it would have been stupid. Richie knows that Tony is engaged. Much Love Dianne

      Delete
  20. Love the new chapter. Yes Tony, you were being a dick but at least you can admit it. Not a smart comment on your behalf. I love how he is always going to touch her. Grabs her hand, kisses her on the cheek, neck, lips. Goes up and puts his arm around her waist. Her hair. He is so adorable how he is with her. Gives Dorothea the attention, she deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Richie needs to have his doodad cut off. It seems that is all he thinks about. Tony is a great guy and so glad he is with Dot. and john and petey are adorable together. Love to hear about the kids and the others in the band. Awesome story keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hate not being able to read daily because I am always late with my comments. Another great chapter to add to the list of great chapters! See if Tony had a momentary lapse in judgement (not just Petey) he said a dumb-ass comment himself. Doesn't mean that they don't love their other halves. Anyone can see that Tony has lost and utterly in love. Let them have their weak moments and stupid comments. It's all good!

    -- She snatched her hand away before he could grab hold of it. “I get that this is stressful, but you’ve been around this long enough to know how it plays. Don’t start taking jabs at me. I know exactly which Bongiovi was in my bed last night.”--

    She definitely does. I love the lines Dorothea says, she is such a strong woman. Love Her - Much Love Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eww, Richie weren't at the Christmas party.. Loving the story!

    -V

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice blog.. this is often marvelous post.Thanks you admin for sharing this post. คาสิโน

    ReplyDelete